There is no such thing as a perfect relationship, parent, child or lover and holding on to that belief only keeps someone from enjoying life and those who are in it. If we would learn to accept the fact the person we love and care about is human and will have many flaws we might be happier in our relationships. We can not expect anyone to adhere to the standards of perfection we have in our mind. Each person has both great qualities and potential as well as a bad side to their personality. We all suffer from a bad side and there is not one person here on earth who is perfect. We all should show respect to others and have self respect as well. Respect for each other is a very important part of any relationship, without respect a relationship will fall apart eventually.
Respect yourself and all others and love without condition along with understanding. Try to see things through the eyes of others and realize that sometimes there is more there than meets the eye. Never expect perfection from yourself or others. This is not to say you cant have high standards for yourself and others but be realistic in the standards you set. If you set the bar too high then you or they will never reach the goal or standard. Also remember relationships are a partnership so you must work together to make the relationship work and to improve its quality.
“Love yourself and others for who and what they are”
- Are You Ready for Love? (lifescript.com)
- Ask Dr. V: Is She Too Old for Him? (lifescript.com)
- Love lessons from bad breakups (cnn.com)
- 5 Things You Shouldn’t Tell Your New Girlfriend (coedmagazine.com)
- Can Philosophy Make You Cold? (psychologytoday.com)
- Is this relationship settling or is it just accepting that nothing is perfect and you need to be happy with what you have? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Law Of Attraction Relationships: How To Stop Manifesting An Emotionally Unavailable Guy! (selfimprovementbase.com)